About Kangaroo Island Jobs
Kangaroo Island is facing some tremendous change with over $171m of developments planned or approved with a projected 300 associated jobs over the next 3-5 years. These projects comprise State Government, Local Government and private sector developments. In addition to these developments there will be flow on benefits emerging for local businesses and services on the island.
The Department for Innovation and Skills (DIS) through the Skilling SA WorkReady program is working in partnership with Adelaide Training & Employment Centre (ATEC) as the grantee to assist the Kangaroo Island community in reaping the benefits of this initiative.
Kangaroo Island Jobs is one part of a range of activities that will take place this year specifically designed for jobseekers and local industry.
The Kangaroo Island Jobs website will be a single point of contact to:
- Support local businesses to employ Kangaroo Island people looking for apprenticeships and traineeships
- Assist jobseekers with skilling / upskilling, including pre-vocational training, to prepare for local apprenticeship / traineeship opportunities
- Provide a smooth transition for school-leavers into local apprenticeships / traineeships
- Support and assist local and mainland agencies involved in the KI apprenticeship / traineeship process
- Identify local skill needs and coordinate a response in partnership with appropriate training organisations
- Connect jobseekers with existing skill sets to local "ready made" opportunities
- Make contact with relevant referral agencies to identify and select jobseekers for entry into training programs linked to job opportunities.
Apart from the Kangaroo Island Jobs website, the Kangaroo Island - Workforce Development Project will:
- Operate strategically, providing a communication platform between industry and DIS that informs resourcing and planning to meet labour force needs
- Secure cross-government collaboration with local business in a workforce development context
- Engage and collaborate with Registered Training Organisations developing a presence in the community
- Facilitate and seek funding where this can contribute to employment and/or training needs of industry on KI
- Manage and report on apprenticeship / traineeship employment outcomes achieved through the project and its partners' efforts
For more information and to be connected to the project Contact or email
Maria Waters, Workforce Coordinator M: 0401 917 647 | E: MariaW@atec.asn.au